Elastomer modelling

ARSHAD RAHMAN P
Dear Abaqus users
I am a beginner
I was doing a demolding analysis of elastomeric products in Abaqus.
1) Should I chose dynamic or static models if I have to model a movement
and respective contact?
2)How to give a respective velocity for a moving rigid body used for
contact?
3)What is the basis of defining the time step?

Kindly expecting help in this regard, it will be very useful for me.

regards
*ARSHAD RAHMAN P*
Phone:- +919645894151
Email:- [hidden email]

Re: Elastomer modelling

Travis Hohenberger
Dear Arshad,

I suspect you can get by with a static analysis if you are simply trying to
remove a part from a mold. If you are introducing impact to try to remove
the part, then you may need to consider an explicit analysis. The real
answer comes down to the time scale over which the part is removed and
corresponding inertia forces. If "quasi-static" removal, go with
Abaqus/Implicit.

You can enforce a velocity by specifying a displacement to occur over a
given time. The time over which a load occurs is defined when you are
setting up your steps. If you conduct a static analysis, I don't think
velocity is pertinent to the solution since inertial forces are neglected...

The time step simply tells Abaqus the time over which a load is applied. I
think it doesn't much matter what the time step is for a quasi-static
structural analysis.

Regards,
Travis