ELEMENT 109 INSTANCE PART-1-1: LAYERED MATERIAL PROPERTIES CAN NOT BE SPECIFIED FOR THIS ELEMENT TYPE.

ELEMENT 109 INSTANCE PART-1-1: LAYERED MATERIAL PROPERTIES CAN NOT BE SPECIFIED FOR THIS ELEMENT TYPE.

akshay mokal
am using ABAQUS/CAE-6.10. When I develop my model, in "property" module and in "create section" option, I chose "solid Composite".But Ithink, I need solid element to model. I ran the model and get an error saying" ELEMENT 1 INSTANCE PART-1-1: LAYERED MATERIAL PROPERTIES CAN NOT BE SPECIFIED FOR THIS ELEMENT TYPE." I believe this is because I am modeling with 3d stress solid element. But I am unable to assign solid element.Can anyone advice on this