ELEMENT 109 INSTANCE PART-1-1: LAYERED MATERIAL PROPERTIES CAN NOT BE SPECIFIED FOR THIS ELEMENT TYPE.

ELEMENT 109 INSTANCE PART-1-1: LAYERED MATERIAL PROPERTIES CAN NOT BE SPECIFIED FOR THIS ELEMENT TYPE.

akshay mokal
am using ABAQUS/CAE-6.9. When I develop my model, in "property" module and in "create section" option, I chose "shell-Composite". When I am assigning "Element type" in mesh module, I saw that I am able to model it with "CPS4R" in plane stress. Which is a Continuum element. But I think, I need shell element to model. I ran the model and get an error saying
" ELEMENT 1 INSTANCE PART-1-1: LAYERED MATERIAL PROPERTIES CAN NOT BE SPECIFIED FOR THIS ELEMENT TYPE." I believe this is because I am modeling with Continuum element instead of shell element. But I am unable to assign shell element.Can anyone advice on this