Deformationplasticity table not defined in explicit

Deformationplasticity table not defined in explicit

Abaqus Users mailing list
Hi All

 I was trying to use the deformationplasticity table for material definition in a python file, for an explicit analysis. But I have ended up with this error :

 ***ERROR: THIS KEYWORD IS NOT AVAILABLE IN Abaqus/Explicit
  LINE IMAGE: *deformationplasticity
  ***NOTE: DUE TO AN INPUT ERROR THE ANALYSIS PRE-PROCESSOR HAS BEEN UNABLE TO
           INTERPRET SOME DATA.  SUBSEQUENT ERRORS MAY BE CAUSED BY THIS OMISSION

  ***ERROR: ANALYSIS WILL BE TERMINATED

 I wish to define the material in its exponential form : Sigma = K*e^n  in python. I would appreciate the suggestions

Re: Deformationplasticity table not defined in explicit

Abaqus Users mailing list
Deformation palsticity can only be used in Abaqus standard, not explicit.

> Hi All
>

> I was trying to use the deformationplasticity table for material definition in a python file, for an explicit analysis. But I have ended up with this error :
>

> ***ERROR: THIS KEYWORD IS NOT AVAILABLE IN Abaqus/Explicit
>  LINE IMAGE: *deformationplasticity
>  ***NOTE: DUE TO AN INPUT ERROR THE ANALYSIS PRE-PROCESSOR HAS BEEN UNABLE TO
>           INTERPRET SOME DATA.  SUBSEQUENT ERRORS MAY BE CAUSED BY THIS OMISSION
>

>  ***ERROR: ANALYSIS WILL BE TERMINATED
>

> I wish to define the material in its exponential form : Sigma = K*e^n  in python. I would appreciate the suggestions

                    Priv.-Doz. Dr. Martin Bäker
                    Institut für Werkstoffe
                    Technische Universität Braunschweig
                    Langer Kamp 8
                    38106 Braunschweig
                    Germany
                    Tel.: 00-49-531-391-3065
                    Fax   00-49-531-391-3058
                    e-mail <[hidden email]>
    http://www.tu-braunschweig.de/ifw/institut/mitarbeiter/baeker
                  http://www.scienceblogs.de/hier-wohnen-drachen

Re: Deformationplasticity table not defined in explicit

farzadtb
Thank you very much

so what is your suggestion for my case ? better to change to standard or change the material modelling method ? based on what model I provided in the question?