Contact Pressure between two objects

route-beer
This post was updated on .
Hello,

I created the contact model between object 1 and Object 2  which have the difference material property. But I have some problem about the contact pressure (CPRESS) between 2 objects, why the CPRESS value on the object 1 is not equal to the CPRESS value on the object 2?

Thank you.

Re: Contact Pressure between two objects

Gustav
The contact result is quite mesh dependent. Do you have identical mesh on both contact surfaces? Also be sure do use elements suitable for contact, for instance the C3D10M. The integral over the surfaces should be the same with the right type of elements.

Re: Contact Pressure between two objects

route-beer
Thank you for your recommendation.