Composite lay-up results

shangil
Hi all,

 I have a problem in MATLAB. I solved maximum stress for each lay-up. The element is plate not shell. On the other hand, in ABAQUS if we want to use composite lay-up the abaqus offers shell element. Therefore, the difference between these software are somewhat more than what it should be.

 If we want to use plane stress in abaqus, we should use the 3-d case. For this case, abaqus does not give me the result for each layer since the option for the field output is empty. Does anybody know how can I define this for 3-d case?

 Thanks

Re: Composite lay-up results

Affolter, Christian
Hi
In the menu where you define the field output you have to select "Domain -> Composite layup" instead of "Whole model". Afterwards you can select the relevant output variables for each defined layup.
BTW: in Abaqus you can define composite layups on 3D elements, and on continuum shell (and the group won't solve problems with MATLAB ;-)
Best regards, Ch.

Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:05 pm (PST) . Posted by:
alone.torkan <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=Re%3A%20Composite%20lay-up%20results>