Composite design optimization

user12
Hi,

I would like to know if its possible to do composite design optimization in Abaqus? like what Optistruct in Altair software can do?

I know that in Altair Optistruct you can optimize composite ply shapes, thickness and shuffling of stacking sequence.

Is it possible to do such optimization in Abaqus or using Tosca?

Regards
Moeen

Re: Composite design optimization

George Papazafeiropoulos
Dear Moeen,

 If you use Matlab, you can perform any optimization procedure in Abaqus (including composite design optimization) using the application Abaqus2Matlab.
 Check it here:
 http://www.abaqus2matlab.com/ http://www.abaqus2matlab.com/

 http://www.abaqus2matlab.com/

George Papazafeiropoulos
Captain, Infrastructure Engineer, Hellenic Air Force
Civil Engineer, M.Sc., Ph.D. candidate, NTUA
Email: [hidden email]

Re: Composite design optimization

Amir Molavizadeh
Hi.Yeah.You can optimise composite structures by Python. I did some
projects in this field before.