Cohesive elements failure problem and need partition tips :)

Cohesive elements failure problem and need partition tips :)

Lemaledici
Hi everyone, I'm new here and pretty much a beginner in Abaqus :) I'm a student.

I'm French as well, so may english might not be perfect.

I'm trying different way to modelize CFRP cutting for different fiber orientations. To do this, I going to two materials in my zone of interest : carbon fibers and cohesive elements. As you may imagine, I will have to modelize nemerous partitions to define my materials. Here is a picture so that you understand :

==> First point : I created all the edges with a linear pattern, bu how can I sweep all these edges to create partitions ? I can't do it one by one...

==> Second Point : While testing my cohesive elements, I understood that they do not fail. Here is a picture of two aluminium blocks link with a thin layer of cohesive elements :

And the same without cohesive elements :

I can't understand why they don't fail, Here are my settings :
Density = 1000
Elastic = "coupled traction" Knn : 2e12 , Kss 1e12, Ktn = 1e12
Quads damage : 1675e5/34e6/34e6
Damage evolution : by Energy, Linear, Maximum, Power Law (power=1), failure energy : 500/1500/1500

If you have any idea please help me, I'm struggling since one week on these two points.
If you need any details ask me :))
Thank you and have a nice day :)

Re: Cohesive elements failure problem and need partition tips :)

vikas tope
I am facing the same problem.My cohesive elements just dont fail.They just expand.I am trying to do a tensile test simulation of aluminum specimen.Did you find a way around your problem?