Cam-Clay Model

S.M.Ali Tasaloti
Hi everyone
I want to define properties of cam-clay plasticity constitutive model
in abaqus. for example k (kapa), Lamba and ... . I will be grateful if
you can solve this problem and tell me where can I input these
parameters in abaqus.
Thanks

Re: Cam-Clay Model

BASSAM ABBIDEN
Lamda is the compression index slope of the consolidation line of soil
k is the recompression index . You get these parameters from the consolidation test. Read the manual

Re: Cam-Clay Model

farshidvahedi
To define Cam-Clay model in CAE, you can do as following:
1- Define Porous Elasticity through
Material/Mechanical/Elasticity/Porous Elastic
in this section you can define Logarithmic bulk modulus, kapa and
Poisson's ratio, nu
(you can find more materials in section 12.8.1 Defining elasticity in
 ABAQUS/CAE User's Manual)

2- Define Clay Plasticity through
Material/Mechanical/Mechanical/Plasticity/Clay Plasticity
in the section you can define
- Logarithmic plastic bulk modulus, Lamba
- Stress ratio at critical state, Mc
- Initial yield surface size, a0 (0.5 consolidation pressure)
- Flow Stress Ratio, K (extension/compression results ratio)

(find more materials in section 12.8.2 Defining plasticity/clay
plasticity in  ABAQUS/CAE User's Manual)

Hope it helps,
Farshid

--- In [hidden email], "Seyed Mohammad Ali Tasaloti"
<tasaloti02@...> wrote:

> Hi everyone
> I want to define properties of cam-clay plasticity constitutive model
> in abaqus. for example k (kapa), Lamba and ... . I will be grateful if
> you can solve this problem and tell me where can I input these
> parameters in abaqus.
> Thanks

Re: Cam-Clay Model

jenny_dyy
<tasaloti02@...> wrote:

> Hi everyone
> I want to define properties of cam-clay plasticity constitutive model
> in abaqus. for example k (kapa), Lamba and ... . I will be grateful
if
> you can solve this problem and tell me where can I input these
> parameters in abaqus.
> Thanks

Tasaloti

You could input the parameters in Property Module--Material--Creat--
Mechancial--Plasticity--Clay Plasticity in CAE
The meaning of the parameters you could see
Analysis Use's Manual:"Critical state(clay) plasticity model"18.3.4

jenny_dyy <[hidden email]>
2008/12/30

Re: Cam-Clay Model

sjafari
1-what does "Logarithmic bulk modulus" mean? it mans log(k) which k is the bulk modulus(MPa)?
2-in Abaqus the unit for permeability is ms-1 but in papers is m4/Ns .how can we translate together?
3-in the part of porous elasticity we have to put stress limit but I don't have any stress limit.what should I do?

Thanks,
Somaye

Thanks,
Somaye

Re: Cam-Clay Model

sohrab
k in abaqus that we see as "Logarithmic bulk modulus", in reality is kapa that is the slope of e-ln(p') curve
(kapa is reloading slope)