Quantcast

Calculate the stress intensity factors by using ABAQUS.

Calculate the stress intensity factors by using ABAQUS.

ABU SUFIAN
Hello all.

I am new to ABAQUS.

For the below cases:

1) Penny-shaped crack in a cylindrical bar

2) Penny-shaped crack in an infinite body

3) Semi-elliptical surface crack

I need to calculate the stress intensity factors by using ABAQUS.

Please help me how can I start and PLEASE provide me any tutorial/example/guidance if you have.  I am now following ABAQUS example problems manual 6.11 section 1.4.1

But I don't know how to model the geometry and create penny shape crack in cylindrical bar and infinite body. Please help me with any tutorial or, instructions to model the geometry.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely
sufian

Re: [ABAQUS_USERS] XFEM tutorials: 3d static penny crack by using ABAQUS.

ABU SUFIAN
Dear ABAQUS users,

I need to learn how to calculate stress intensity factor by using ABAQUS.

Please provide me your kind suggession and any kind of help regarding this.

Sincerely
Sufian

Re: Calculate the stress intensity factors by using ABAQUS.

M Abdullah
Hi Abu Sufian

I am also trying to get SIF output for a 3D plate with a middle XFEM crack. However, I am getting a message stating that SIF is only avaliable for a stationary XFEM crack. But when I try and model a 3D stationary XFEM crack, I cannot get the job to complete.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Abdullah