CZM in coupled temperature-disp analysis

CZM in coupled temperature-disp analysis

hamad hassan
Dear all,

I am modeling coupled temp-disp analysis.

I am using cohesive interaction between to surfaces and then for the damage initation criteria, I am setting the stress as a function of temperature as a tabular data, instead of just 1 stress value. When I apply temperature load, the strength is not reduced. I tried modeling the strength as a function of field but still no change.

 Did anyone modeled this kind of analysis and give any hints? I am suffering for a week now and used all the options.    This seems to be a BUG in ABAQUS. Does ABAQUS knows this?

Any hint, idea or comment would be appreciated.

Cheers,Hassan

Re: CZM in coupled temperature-disp analysis

Fureto San
Hello Hassan,

This seems to be a modelling error rather than a bug in the code. I've
worked with cohesive zone models, and they've plenty of caveats and
underpinnings that may be occurring. Would you care to better elicit your
needs and provide more information about your model?

Cheers,
Fred

--
Att,