Quantcast

CAE error

tissuemechanics
When I use ABAQUS V6.6 CAE to do post processing using 'Query information' to probe node information, I always got following error:

ABAQUS License Manager checked out the following license(s):
"cae"version 6.6 from me
<12 out of 15 licenses remain available>.
fmd_GLImage:render:unable to restore pixels
GUI detected error while waiting for ipc connection to close.
ABAQUS Error:ABAQUS/CAE Kernel exited with an error.

Anyone can tell me why this happen? How to fix it?

Tahnks.

Eric.

Re: CAE error

Fernando-15
Hi Eric,

>I always got following error:
>
> ABAQUS License Manager checked out the following license(s):
> "cae"version 6.6 from me
> <12 out of 15 licenses remain available>.
> fmd_GLImage:render:unable to restore pixels
> GUI detected error while waiting for ipc connection to close.
> ABAQUS Error:ABAQUS/CAE Kernel exited with an error.

At least in older versions of ABAQUS, this was related to OpenGL
acceleration, i.e. graphics driver issues. Deactivating (maybe only
partially) hardware acceleration in the Display Properties control
panel (click Advanced Settings, then look for "hardware acceleration")
usually helps resolve the problem. Alternatively, you can try to stick
to the certified drivers, newer ones often introduce tweaks that
improve games but tend to break ABAQUS... This usually involves a
*downgrade* of the graphics driver, by the way.

Hope this helps,
Fernando

Community email addresses:
  Post message: [hidden email]
  Subscribe:    [hidden email]
  Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
  List owner:   [hidden email]

Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: CAE error

Greg Brown-2
There is a known incompatibility with some ATI graphics cards in V6.6-1.
Please refer to ABAQUS Answer ID 3086 for the simple environment setting to
solve this.

Greg

http://us.click.yahoo.com/7EuRwD/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/PMYolB/TM

Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Rotation

Abd. Rahim
Hi

I have a problem in rotating a drum brake for coupled
dispacement-temperature analysis. I used brick elements for the drum.
I tried to use a rigid body and tied to the bolt holes of the drum.
Then I used angular velocity to rotate the disc using a rigid body.
Unfortunately, the drum is not rotated instead it deformed in radial
direction. I used the same method for the disc brake and it worked
well. Does anyone knows a simple and correct way to rotate a drum
brake?

Appreciate any help from others.

Regards,

ABD. RAHIM ABU BAKAR
***************************
Department of Aeronautics & Automotive
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 UTM Skudai
Johor, MALAYSIA

Phone: +607-5534572
Mobile: +6012-9371480
Fax: +607-5566159
Web: www.fkm.utm.my/~arahim
http://mail.yahoo.com

Community email addresses:
  Post message: [hidden email]
  Subscribe:    [hidden email]
  Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
  List owner:   [hidden email]

Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Rotation

ryan s-5
This should have worked. The *deformation in radial direction* appears
suspicious - did you turn on nonlinearity (NLGEOM) in your step?  If not,
you should.

I prefer to use a coupling constraint (distributing type, so it doesn't
overconstrain the model) to impose this type of BC.

On 9/18/06, Abd. Rahim <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   Hi
>
> I have a problem in rotating a drum brake for coupled
> dispacement-temperature analysis. I used brick elements for the drum.
> I tried to use a rigid body and tied to the bolt holes of the drum.
> Then I used angular velocity to rotate the disc using a rigid body.
> Unfortunately, the drum is not rotated instead it deformed in radial
> direction. I used the same method for the disc brake and it worked
> well. Does anyone knows a simple and correct way to rotate a drum
> brake?
>
> Appreciate any help from others.
>
> Regards,
>
> ABD. RAHIM ABU BAKAR
> ***************************
> Department of Aeronautics & Automotive
> Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
> Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
> 81310 UTM Skudai
> Johor, MALAYSIA
>
> Phone: +607-5534572
> Mobile: +6012-9371480
> Fax: +607-5566159
> Web: www.fkm.utm.my/~arahim
> http://mail.yahoo.com

Community email addresses:
  Post message: [hidden email]
  Subscribe:    [hidden email]
  Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
  List owner:   [hidden email]

Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Rotation

Abd. Rahim
Hi Ryan
Thanks for the advice. Yes, I did turn on NLGEOM. I have also tried
*coupling, distributing but it seems do not work as the drum stand
still (does not rotate). I imposed BCs U1,U2,U3,UR1,UR2 at the
reference point and applied rotation at VR3.

regards,

--- Ryan S <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This should have worked. The *deformation in radial direction*
> appears
> suspicious - did you turn on nonlinearity (NLGEOM) in your step?
> If not,
> you should.
>
> I prefer to use a coupling constraint (distributing type, so it
> doesn't
> overconstrain the model) to impose this type of BC.
>

> On 9/18/06, Abd. Rahim <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >   Hi
> >
> > I have a problem in rotating a drum brake for coupled
> > dispacement-temperature analysis. I used brick elements for the
> drum.
> > I tried to use a rigid body and tied to the bolt holes of the
> drum.
> > Then I used angular velocity to rotate the disc using a rigid
> body.
> > Unfortunately, the drum is not rotated instead it deformed in
> radial
> > direction. I used the same method for the disc brake and it
> worked
> > well. Does anyone knows a simple and correct way to rotate a drum
> > brake?
> >
> > Appreciate any help from others.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > ABD. RAHIM ABU BAKAR
> > ***************************
> > Department of Aeronautics & Automotive
> > Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
> > Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
> > 81310 UTM Skudai
> > Johor, MALAYSIA
> >
> > Phone: +607-5534572
> > Mobile: +6012-9371480
> > Fax: +607-5566159
> > Web: www.fkm.utm.my/~arahim
> > http://mail.yahoo.com

ABD. RAHIM ABU BAKAR
***************************
Department of Aeronautics & Automotive
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 UTM Skudai
Johor, MALAYSIA

Phone: +607-5534572
Mobile: +6012-9371480
Fax: +607-5566159
Web: www.fkm.utm.my/~arahim
http://mail.yahoo.com

Community email addresses:
  Post message: [hidden email]
  Subscribe:    [hidden email]
  Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
  List owner:   [hidden email]

Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Rotation

ryan s-5
How about warnings and such? Did you check your dat file?

On 9/18/06, Abd. Rahim <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   Hi Ryan
> Thanks for the advice. Yes, I did turn on NLGEOM. I have also tried
> *coupling, distributing but it seems do not work as the drum stand
> still (does not rotate). I imposed BCs U1,U2,U3,UR1,UR2 at the
> reference point and applied rotation at VR3.
>
> regards,
>
> --- Ryan S <[hidden email] <ryan.abaqus%40gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> > This should have worked. The *deformation in radial direction*
> > appears
> > suspicious - did you turn on nonlinearity (NLGEOM) in your step?
> > If not,
> > you should.
> >
> > I prefer to use a coupling constraint (distributing type, so it
> > doesn't
> > overconstrain the model) to impose this type of BC.
> >

> > On 9/18/06, Abd. Rahim <[hidden email]<abdrahim_abubakar%40yahoo.com>>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have a problem in rotating a drum brake for coupled
> > > dispacement-temperature analysis. I used brick elements for the
> > drum.
> > > I tried to use a rigid body and tied to the bolt holes of the
> > drum.
> > > Then I used angular velocity to rotate the disc using a rigid
> > body.
> > > Unfortunately, the drum is not rotated instead it deformed in
> > radial
> > > direction. I used the same method for the disc brake and it
> > worked
> > > well. Does anyone knows a simple and correct way to rotate a drum
> > > brake?
> > >
> > > Appreciate any help from others.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > ABD. RAHIM ABU BAKAR
> > > ***************************
> > > Department of Aeronautics & Automotive
> > > Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
> > > Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
> > > 81310 UTM Skudai
> > > Johor, MALAYSIA
> > >
> > > Phone: +607-5534572
> > > Mobile: +6012-9371480
> > > Fax: +607-5566159
> > > Web: www.fkm.utm.my/~arahim
> > > http://mail.yahoo.com

> ABD. RAHIM ABU BAKAR
> ***************************
> Department of Aeronautics & Automotive
> Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
> Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
> 81310 UTM Skudai
> Johor, MALAYSIA
>
> Phone: +607-5534572
> Mobile: +6012-9371480
> Fax: +607-5566159
> Web: www.fkm.utm.my/~arahim
> http://mail.yahoo.com

Community email addresses:
  Post message: [hidden email]
  Subscribe:    [hidden email]
  Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
  List owner:   [hidden email]

Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Rotation

bhaskar venakata

Hi,

  It has been a while since i worked with Abaqus. But as i remember it is not possible to rotate a rigid body when you have coupled  dispacement- temperature analysis. You can check this in the manuals.

  Regards,
  Bhaskar Thota

Ryan S <[hidden email]> wrote:
          How about warnings and such? Did you check your dat file?

On 9/18/06, Abd. Rahim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ryan
> Thanks for the advice. Yes, I did turn on NLGEOM. I have also tried
> *coupling, distributing but it seems do not work as the drum stand
> still (does not rotate). I imposed BCs U1,U2,U3,UR1,UR2 at the
> reference point and applied rotation at VR3.
>
> regards,
>
> --- Ryan S <[hidden email] <ryan.abaqus%40gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> > This should have worked. The *deformation in radial direction*
> > appears
> > suspicious - did you turn on nonlinearity (NLGEOM) in your step?
> > If not,
> > you should.
> >
> > I prefer to use a coupling constraint (distributing type, so it
> > doesn't
> > overconstrain the model) to impose this type of BC.
> >

> > On 9/18/06, Abd. Rahim <[hidden email]<abdrahim_abubakar%40yahoo.com>>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have a problem in rotating a drum brake for coupled
> > > dispacement-temperature analysis. I used brick elements for the
> > drum.
> > > I tried to use a rigid body and tied to the bolt holes of the
> > drum.
> > > Then I used angular velocity to rotate the disc using a rigid
> > body.
> > > Unfortunately, the drum is not rotated instead it deformed in
> > radial
> > > direction. I used the same method for the disc brake and it
> > worked
> > > well. Does anyone knows a simple and correct way to rotate a drum
> > > brake?
> > >
> > > Appreciate any help from others.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > ABD. RAHIM ABU BAKAR
> > > ***************************
> > > Department of Aeronautics & Automotive
> > > Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
> > > Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
> > > 81310 UTM Skudai
> > > Johor, MALAYSIA
> > >
> > > Phone: +607-5534572
> > > Mobile: +6012-9371480
> > > Fax: +607-5566159
> > > Web: www.fkm.utm.my/~arahim
> > > http://mail.yahoo.com

> ABD. RAHIM ABU BAKAR
> ***************************
> Department of Aeronautics & Automotive
> Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
> Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
> 81310 UTM Skudai
> Johor, MALAYSIA
>
> Phone: +607-5534572
> Mobile: +6012-9371480
> Fax: +607-5566159
> Web: www.fkm.utm.my/~arahim

  Thota Venkata Naga Bhaskar,
  B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering,
  Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University,
  Hyderabad, India.
M.Sc in Production Engineering,
    Rheinisch-Westfälischen Technischen Hochschule,

  Aachen, Germany.

Community email addresses:
  Post message: [hidden email]
  Subscribe:    [hidden email]
  Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
  List owner:   [hidden email]

Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Rotation

Abd. Rahim
Thanks venkata.

but when I run for the disc brake, the disc is physically rotated.
You can see the animation in the following website:
www.fkm.utm.my/~arahim

--- bhaskar venakata <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   It has been a while since i worked with Abaqus. But as i remember
> it is not possible to rotate a rigid body when you have coupled
> dispacement- temperature analysis. You can check this in the
> manuals.
>
>   Regards,
>   Bhaskar Thota
>
> Ryan S <[hidden email]> wrote:
>           How about warnings and such? Did you check your dat file?
>
> On 9/18/06, Abd. Rahim <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ryan
> > Thanks for the advice. Yes, I did turn on NLGEOM. I have also
> tried
> > *coupling, distributing but it seems do not work as the drum
> stand
> > still (does not rotate). I imposed BCs U1,U2,U3,UR1,UR2 at the
> > reference point and applied rotation at VR3.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > --- Ryan S <[hidden email] <ryan.abaqus%40gmail.com>>
> wrote:
> >
> > > This should have worked. The *deformation in radial direction*
> > > appears
> > > suspicious - did you turn on nonlinearity (NLGEOM) in your
> step?
> > > If not,
> > > you should.
> > >
> > > I prefer to use a coupling constraint (distributing type, so it
> > > doesn't
> > > overconstrain the model) to impose this type of BC.
> > >

> > > On 9/18/06, Abd. Rahim
> <[hidden email]<abdrahim_abubakar%40yahoo.com>>

> the
> > > drum.
> > > drum.
> > > body.
> > > radial
> > > worked
> drum

> around

> > ABD. RAHIM ABU BAKAR
> > ***************************
> > Department of Aeronautics & Automotive
> > Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
> > Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
> > 81310 UTM Skudai
> > Johor, MALAYSIA
> >
> > Phone: +607-5534572
> > Mobile: +6012-9371480
> > Fax: +607-5566159
> > Web: www.fkm.utm.my/~arahim

>   Thota Venkata Naga Bhaskar,
>   B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering,
>   Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University,
>   Hyderabad, India.
> M.Sc in Production Engineering,
>     Rheinisch-Westfälischen Technischen Hochschule,
>
>   Aachen, Germany.

ABD. RAHIM ABU BAKAR
***************************
Department of Aeronautics & Automotive
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 UTM Skudai
Johor, MALAYSIA

Phone: +607-5534572
Mobile: +6012-9371480
Fax: +607-5566159
Web: www.fkm.utm.my/~arahim
http://mail.yahoo.com

Community email addresses:
  Post message: [hidden email]
  Subscribe:    [hidden email]
  Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
  List owner:   [hidden email]

Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: CAE error

yudulla
how to apply the sinusoidal cyclic loading in abaqus

syed yudulla-engineer cae

tissuemechanics wrote