Quantcast

Buried Pipeline

alireza mahdavi
Hi
I'm new user at ABAQUS/CAE. I've made some researches on buried pipeline by ANSYS, but it is my first time to use abaqus on FEM analysis of buried pipelines.
I have made my model by 3D-Stress Elements for both Pipe And Soil.
Pipe: Outer Diameter: 5 inch
      Wall Thickness: 0.083 inch
      Material: Steel (APL-5L-X65)
Soil: Mohr-Columbe (Angel of friction=30)
                   (C=5 Kpas)
Please help me, how can i model the interaction between soil and pipe...according to abaqus help it is possible on ABAQUS/Standard by (PSI ELEMENT) that is not supported on ABAQUU/CAE.
I've used Tangential/Penalty method by friction coefficient of 0.4 for soil and pipe. And Normal/Default/Hard Contact by allowing the separation after contact for normal behavior of the soil-pipe interaction.
But unfortunately it is not going to be converging...please help me what should i do mainly?
The Step Types? Interaction? And other that would be useful.
With Many Thanks.
Regards
Alireza