Adopt symmetry in your model-ABAQUS

Wazysky
Hi

 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NG0cFoD8NHMxJ1IlgdkRnONIplQGFUgC https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NG0cFoD8NHMxJ1IlgdkRnONIplQGFUgC

 When the model is symmetric about a plane rather than X,Y,Z axes, we should still have the advantage of utilizing the symmetry characteristic. In the attached above a simple rectangular model is symmetric on A-A plane.

 why when I used the half model (cut through the symmetric line) and assign symmetric BC on the AA plane did not get the same results. what am I missing here, please?

 Do I missing something,
 is there any feature needed to be consider in such case. coordinate system, element type, ..etc

 PS: I simplified the case for presentation purpose. the symmetric is needed for 2D and 3D cases if it is available as I reckon.

 Thanks for your comments and suggestion