Add Deformable Element To Control The Stable Time Increment

Add Deformable Element To Control The Stable Time Increment

Gnoij Aa
Hi,

I am modelling an 3D uniaxial compression test to test a new developed VUMAT, I use Abaqus default setting to automatically control stable time increment but receive an error message as below:

Error in job job4_0: There is no element available in the model to control the stable time increment for Step 1. Please add a deformable element to control the stable time increment. Alternatively, you can use DIRECT TIME INCREMENTATION to perform the analysis at a user specified time increment.
Job job4_0: Abaqus/Explicit Packager aborted due to errors.

I think the problem is with my VUMAT but when I studied other VUMATs which is tested and proven to work properly, I can not find any statement which define any deformable element to control the stable time increment in these VUMATs. Can anyone tell me what cause this error and how to solve it?

Thanks and regards.

Re: Add Deformable Element To Control The Stable Time Increment

k.abhishek
Can anyone answer this question. I am also facing the same problem?