Abaqus sensitvity for force calculation in compression test

Abaqus sensitvity for force calculation in compression test

raka.aditya2005
Dear all,

 I am trying to simulate a very simple compression test in abaqus/standard with axisymmetric symmetry.

 Not the probolem I have is, the force calculation is not sensitvie to the yield curve I give. For example, I give a linearly increasing yield curve with slope of 100, and then I give a yield curve with slope of 100.1 I get the same force in the first few increments during the calculation. I tried using double precision and also fully integrated elements.

 Could I do anything else to make abaqus sensitive for small changes in yield curve?

 Thanks,
 Aditya.

Re: Abaqus sensitvity for force calculation in compression test

Martin Bäker
so you specified a different youngs modulus? The yield curve only
becomes relevant after the initial yield stress is reached, before
that material is linearly elastic.

> Dear all,
>

> I am trying to simulate a very simple compression test in abaqus/standard with axisymmetric symmetry.
>

> Not the probolem I have is, the force calculation is not sensitvie to the yield curve I give. For example, I give a linearly increasing yield curve with slope of 100, and then I give a yield curve with slope of 100.1 I get the same force in the first few increments during the calculation. I tried using double precision and also fully integrated elements.
>

> Could I do anything else to make abaqus sensitive for small changes in yield curve?
>

> Thanks,
> Aditya.

                    Priv.-Doz. Dr. Martin Bäker
                    Institut für Werkstoffe
                    Technische Universität Braunschweig
                    Langer Kamp 8
                    38106 Braunschweig
                    Germany
                    Tel.: 00-49-531-391-3065
                    Fax   00-49-531-391-3058
                    e-mail <[hidden email]>
    http://www.tu-braunschweig.de/ifw/institut/mitarbeiter/baeker
                  http://www.scienceblogs.de/hier-wohnen-drachen

Re: Abaqus sensitvity for force calculation in compression test

raka.aditya2005
Hi  Mr. Baeker

Yes you are right.

What I am talking is about the reaction forces after plasticity has
started. For sure, in the elastic limits the forces will be the same.

Thanks,
Aditya.

Best regards

Aditya Vuppala