Quantcast

[Abaqus] Matlab Abaqus Interface

yongwons
Dear All,

I am trying to access results of abaqus through Matlab for material properties optimization.  I have searched a lot of time on matlab abaqus interface, but I cannot fine it.
Could you please recommend any suggestions or tutorial sites for it?

Best Regards,
Yong

[Abaqus] Re: Matlab Abaqus Interface

gpapazafeiropoulos

You should access the abaqus results (*.fil) file via MATLAB.
In order to take your results into a fil file you should specify *FILE FORMAT, ASCII along with *EL FILE and/or *NODE FILE, etc. options in your abaqus input file (assuming that you run Abaqus/Standard).

After creating the results fil file, go to section 5.1.2 of the Abaqus Analysis User's Manual to find details about how to read the fil file. You can use this information to read this file using MATLAB.
I have developed a MATLAB function which reads such files (it reads only information about stresses and displacements, but it can be generalized to include any other quantity).

Another way, much easier but of very little accuracy would be to access the *.dat file, which contains the results of the analysis, via MATLAB. I would not recommend it to you since the precision of the results into the dat file is very low.

In the way described above, I managed to solve the 10-bar truss and the 25-bar truss optimization problems by linking Abaqus and MATLAB (Abaqus was used as the solver in the constraint function of MATLAB and MATLAB was used as the optimizer).

Best regards,

George Papazafeiropoulos
First Lieutenant, Infrastructure Engineer, Hellenic Air Force
Civil Engineer, M.Sc., Ph.D. candidate, NTUA
Email: [hidden email]
Website: users.ntua.gr/gpapazaf/

--- In [hidden email], Yong won Seo  wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I am trying to access results of abaqus through Matlab for material properties optimization.  I have searched a lot of time on matlab abaqus interface, but I cannot fine it.
> Could you please recommend any suggestions or tutorial sites for it?
>
> Best Regards,
> Yong

dev

Re: [Abaqus] Re: Matlab Abaqus Interface

dev
Hello George

Can you give provide the link of abaqus user manual?

Thanks
dev