ABAQUS V.2018 Random vibration analysis become very slow

ABAQUS V.2018 Random vibration analysis become very slow

forking1975
Hi all
 I've used abaqus 6.12 to do the random vibration analysis , and everything is fine. Until now, we upgrade to V2018, I found the CPU time became very very slow. I try to use the same inp file and submit this job in 6.12 & V2018 to compare this situation at the same computer.  It tooks 12 hours in 6.12, but over 24 hours in v2018. Is there anyone get the same trouble  and how to solve this problem.

 RJ

Re: ABAQUS V.2018 Random vibration analysis become very slow

Abhishek Dixit
Hi,

Is the default Laczos in both versions? If it's a big model, I will try
running the modal analysis in both versions.

Good luck
Abhishek

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019, 2:31 pm [hidden email] [Abaqus], <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've used abaqus 6.12 to do the random vibration analysis , and everything
> is fine. Until now, we upgrade to V2018, I found the CPU time became very
> very slow. I try to use the same inp file and submit this job in 6.12 &
> V2018 to compare this situation at the same computer.  It tooks 12 hours in
> 6.12, but over 24 hours in v2018. Is there anyone get the same trouble  and
> how to solve this problem.
>

> RJ

Re: ABAQUS V.2018 Random vibration analysis become very slow

forking1975
Hi Abhishek

 Yes, I used Laczos .