ABAQUS FRIC Subroutine

cugliarijacopo
Hi
 I need to call the real contact area coming from my simulation in FRIC subroutine. I´m using the subroutine URDFIL to call the value of contact area at each Iteration. Then I assign CAREA value to new variable called pippo. Is the code correct?
 SUBROUTINE URDFIL(LSTOP,LOVRWRT,KSTEP,KINC,DTIME,TIME)
 C...
 INCLUDE 'ABA_PARAM.INC'
 DIMENSION ARRAY(513),JRRAY(NPRECD,513),TIME(2)
 EQUIVALENCE (ARRAY(1),JRRAY(1,1))
 pippo=0;
 CALL DBFILE(LOP,ARRAY,JRCD)
 IF(KEY .EQ. 1524)
 pippo=CAREA;
 END
 RETURN
 END
 After that I used the aforementioned variable pippo in the FRIC subroutine but it´s not working. Can someone suggest me where is the error or if I should use another approach.
 It woud be nice If someone can soon help me.

RE: ABAQUS FRIC Subroutine

David Lindeman
Why would your friction model depend on the total contact area associated with a surface?  That doesn’t really sound like a valid formulation.

To read the results file (*.fil) you need to loop through the data records – your code isn’t doing this.  Even if you find every CAREA record and calculate pippo, how do you intend to pass this information to the FRIC subroutine?  Variables defined within URDFIL won’t be accessible to other subroutines unless you use a COMMON block (which will prevent you from using parallel processing).

Regards,

Dave Lindeman
Staff Scientist
Corporate Research Systems Laboratory
3M Center 235-3G-08
St. Paul, MN 55144
651-733-6383

[...]

3M Notice: This communication is from an [EXTERNAL] sender.
If this email looks suspicious, do NOT click or open any links or attachments in the email. To report a suspicious email, click on the Report Phishing – PhishMe icon in the Outlook ribbon or forward this email using the report email as spam link in the text below.

Click here<https://spam.mmm.com/pem/pages/digestProcess/digestProcess.jsf?content=aedaaa864ecbae948cfb7741a8a01802a97133018e2b643aaf401ba3ec2fe9d1c6c4ff5fb22097b592aab29dac82584f30f60c161a797f8d8d8a621478a2f25250f75f3a4b570e12125b08ef0dd8e5d1dbc7a045714a146255659761471276b9c37b570f20a98a734732948327931bff9384c931325a60dedcf6bd532647501c17d051a1b719785d> to report this email as spam